A big hello to everyone! How have y’all been doing? Before you start asking, no…..I haven’t given up on LotsofLove. I’ve been working as a full-time teacher for over two months now….and it’s kept me on my toes. I’ve learned the hard way to never wear heels to class; to prepare tonnes more than the students themselves; and to survive on a few hours of sleep a day. I’m far from being a pioneer in the profession; I’ve just about got my bearings. I do enjoy teaching though, especially since all my students are adults; I learn as much from them as they do from me.
Teaching has kept me busy, but I still did manage to shop for a few ‘essentials’ over these past few months ;). My bestie had informed me that there was a local Boots in town, and I knew that I just had to visit the place. The store is incredible tiny, but there are a slew of beauty products that are quite new to Oman and to me. The prices are a bit higher than usual; what the U.K. terms as ‘drugstore’ commodities are sold at department store rates here.
After a lot of deliberation, I had managed to walk out of the store with three items:
- Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lipstick in 380 Dark Night Waterl-oops!– This is a starkly vibrant midnight plum lippie. To be honest, I had bought the lipstick ’cause it had reminded me of the Batman comics I used to read as a child. Once I swatched it at the store though, I fell in love with the colour and the glossy-smooth texture of the lipstick.
- Rimmel’s Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet in 206 Atomic Rose– This shade is one’s common nudey-pink. I’ve never had a nude liquid lipstick before, so I had decided to try this out. I’m quite pleased with its texture and longevity. I can only truly give my feedback though after testing this out on the big fat Indian meal :).
- Boots Cucumber SPF 15 Moisturising Lotion– I was actually on the lookout for a good daytime moisturiser that would give me some protection, radiance, and yet not make my face look like an oil-field. This lotion sounded good, but it didn’t do anything great for my skin. My Olay Complete Radiance moisturiser was a lifesaver once this one got done with.
I did manage to shop for Eid-al-Adha as well.
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Amethyst– I got addicted to this liquid lipstick the moment I put it on. The shade is right in-between purple and fuchsia; it’s completely unique and can give beautiful combinations when applied with pinks and magentas.
- Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm in Rich Chocolate– This lip balm is the older, sexier, and sophisticated version of Maybelline’s Baby Lips. The cost is definitely higher, but this is a beautifully coloured veritable treat for one’s lips. The texture of the balm is soft, and the colour pay-off is the highest I’ve every seen in any lip balm. It also smells of the vanilla-caramel that is inherent amongst all the M.A.C. lipsticks.
The ‘I Love….’ body products range has popped up all around our local drugstores, and dare I say…..I love them :). The scents and textures are any The Body Shop Lover’s dream, but for half the price. Their body spritzers are a bit too tiny, so I’ve never been intrigued to try them. The shower gel and the body butter though have earned their place in my ‘bath time essentials’.
Several dry shampoos have been flooding the drugstore shelves lately; one amongst them is…….drumroll please…….
Yes! The Batiste Dry Shampoo. I got the one in Oriental which smells like a mix of flowers and musk. I for one, can’t imagine what I’ve been doing for so long without a dry shampoo. I don’t like putting too much product on my hair, which has always steered me away from the logic of using dry shampoos; only when I sprayed it on my roots and brushed my hair, did I realise that it gives a beautiful ‘oomph’ to my flat hair. My waves look a lot more prominent when I use Batiste. This has given me the confidence to try out the other dry shampoos out there.
This report pertaining my whereabouts has thus come to an end. I’m going away on a short trip for the Eid-al-Adha holidays. I hope that y’all out there have a wonderful Fall/Autumn. It’ll be Summer here in Muscat till the end of October.
Featured image courtesy: http://missbuttercup.com/recipes/red-velvet-cake-pops/