It is time for a quite late Favourites of the Month. How was your January? Mine was pretty so-so; there were major decisions which had to be made and I brushed them under the rug. Nevertheless, makeup motivates one to put their best face forward. Hence without further ado, I present the favourites for January 2016:
- Prestige Color Plus Multivitamins Nail Lacquer in 24 Aloha- The colour is a beautiful lavender with silver shimmer. The only problem is that the nail lacquer chips within a maximum of three days.
2. Bourjois Paris Healthy Balance Natural Healthy Glow Unifying Powder in 55 Beige Fonce- I am about to hit pan on this, and I have been using this as an all-over face-powder for over three months now. I have super-oily skin, and this does make my face matte without being overly drying. This apparently has some fruit ingredients in its formulation, such as Yuzu fruit and Sharon fruit.
3. Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Polish in 853 Pillow Talk- Also mentioned in Welcoming the New Colours of 2016, Rimmel’s nail lacquers come in an array of colours, and one does not need to pay an arm and a leg for quality. The shade of light periwinkle blue is superbly pretty. Of course, it does not dry in 60 seconds but nevertheless it is fast-drying. The polish does not chip easily, and the formulas come in small-sized bottles of 8 ml. Hence, one has more opportunities to try more colours and shades from the brand.
From X~press!ons Style
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit in Medium- Mentioned in Packaged with Love. I am in love with this palette. In fact, ever since it’s arrival I have been trying my hand at contouring on a daily basis. This is definitely something I will repurchase once I hit pan.
5. Yardley London eye pencil in dark green- This eye pencil is a Jane Doe; it has been with me for so long that the actual product and shade name has got wiped off from its cover. The colour is a beautiful matte emerald green. My only beef with this product is that it does not stay on the water-line. It does work extremely well though, to line the upper and lower lash lines.
6. Mikyajy Line and Precision Eye Pencil in 501- I am so glad that I happened upon this. This beautiful green colour stays on the water-line, and it is extremely bright. If you are in search of kajal pencils with intense colours and long wearing formulas, then I would highly suggest Mikyajy’s range of eye pencils and kajals.
7. Catrice Cosmetics Lip Colour Intensifier in Ultimate Lip Glow- This is one of those lip-balmy formulations which enhance the natural colour of one’s lips. I would recommend using this over a light lip-balm, since the formula is rather drying. I usually wear this over my pink Maybelline Baby Lips. After a couple of swipes with Catrice’s Colour Intensifier, the lips get a really pretty stained effect.
From Catrice Cosmetics
8. Parachute 100% Pure Coconut Oil- This is plain old coconut oil which a lot of Indian families use for cooking and beauty purposes. I have been using this to oil my hair before shampooing, and it has really made a huge difference in the condition of my chemically coloured hair. I use the original formulation, but there are many other types of Parachute Coconut oils which cater to various hair problems.
9. Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm in 200 Keep Mauving- The shade name has got totally wiped off from the product’s cover. The colour I have is a cool-toned mauve. The ‘balm’ smells like vanilla cake, and it applies quite smoothly onto the lips. The texture is glossy, but I would still advise people to wear a lip balm underneath it. The colour itself does last, but it withers away quickly upon drinking and eating. The Revlon Colourburst Balms are more long lasting, but I love the colour and texture of this product better.
From Rimmel London U.S. website
10. Lakme Sheer Satin Lip Gloss- I do not remember the shade number of this product, but this too is a sparkly mauve colour. Yes, I have quite a few mauves in my makeup collection, don’t I? I usually top the Rimmel mauve Colour Rush balm (mentioned above) with this gloss. The product is sheer in colour, but the sparkles are what bring the lips alive.
From Lakme Makeup
11. Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in 20 Pinch O’ Pink- This is a light peachy-pink which may show up on really fair skin tones. Unfortunately this used to do nothing for me. I had tried to use this as a highlighter but it wasn’t strong enough even for that purpose. However I came to realise that when used underneath my regular blushes, this ended up giving some dimension to my face. This product has become a part of my daily makeup routine now.
12. L’Oreal Paris La Palette Nude in 01 Rose- This is a palette of cool neutrals; I already own a few warm toned neutral palettes. I like that there is a mix of roses, slates, and an orangey-apricot shade as well.
Well, one can never survive on makeup alone; people need to eat as well. This was my favourite snack throughout the month of January. They could make a mountain out of this, and I would live there :).
I hope you all enjoyed going through my favourites for January 2016.